Thursday 16 June 2011

Bloodbath - Bloodbath Over Bloodstock DVD


Just watched Bloodbath's Bloodbath Over Bloodstock DVD few times... and man, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. This is definitely one of the coolest and most awesome death metal dvds I had chance to watch recently. Absolutely fantastic gig those Swedes did on Bloodstock Fest is an hour long and trust me, this really is one damn great death metal feast. The band plays some of their best songs, including such killers as "Eaten", "Iesous", "Of Fire" and basically goes through the entire catalogue without any hesitation, playing also the tunes Dan Swano wrote or songs that Peter Tagtgren sang on. The performance is so tight and top notch that there's absolutely nothing more to desire, even Mikael Akerfeldt, who I think isn't that good growler, did great job here... I must say that his speaches between the songs may be sometimes tireing, but despite that the whole gig is just pleasure. The band bang their skulls like crazy, so you would never say they usually play is such bands like Katatonia or Opeth, it's almost natural for them to perform as old school death metal group, Mr. Sodomizer especially and that they've been reaping with Bloodbath since the early 90's, so great it is. Even the fact that the gig was performed in daylight gives something extra, as the band with zombie make ups looks creepy as hell.... I still haven't had a chance to watch Asphyx DVD, I bought only recently, so I'll watch it soon I guess, but so far Bloodbath Over Bloodstock is my number one death metal DVD of the year and one of the best I've ever seen.
So, I must recommend you all this DVD, it is worth the money, so don't be greedy pig, get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment