Wednesday 23 October 2013

Eternal Rot - Promo Tape 2013



ETERNAL ROT - Promo tape 2013 (Self financed)
Some things over the time go in a full circle and once they die to be reborn after a while. In heavy metal music it is really noticeable… We have thrash and heavy metal revivals and we can also see that a classic, traditional death metal has its second life… it seems like it was 1990 once again, when looking at the number of great bands, which perform the classic style of death metal, with the traditional demos, EPs, albums, also with the artwork, which they have and even with such festivals as Killtown Deathfest, which deal with this music exclusively. Yeah, classic death metal has truly been reborn lately. It is cool that so far the quantity goes in hand with quality… sure, not everything is really awesome and worthy, but still the number of killer bands and fantastic recordings is pretty high, maybe even higher than it was back in the old days. And it is awesome, I think! You know, there were times, when death metal was almost dead (and there were just very few bigger bands, which were noticeable in the media, etc), later this music became sort of speed contest for who’s the fastest and more technical… but then one day such bands as Repugnant, Kaamos, Dead Congregation, Nominon and some more – I am not going to go into details, as this is a review, not a book or article – have started to exhume the old sound and the old feeling and that was it! Doomy death metal has also been brought back to life thanks to such bands as Anatomia, Coffins, Disma, Encoffination, Father Befouled, Ignivomous, Hooded Menace, Antediluvian, Grave Miasma and many more… And now I have a pleasure to introduce you to another such bands – they’re called Eternal Rot and this Polish duo has debuted with the two songs compiled on “Promo tape 2013”. And damn, this cassette is something what I really have enjoyed and listened a lot!
Music of Eternal Rot is deeply influenced by such bands Anatomia and some other, which I have mentioned above… and of corpse it also lurks into the old cemetery, where the corpses of Winter, Disembowelment, Autopsy, Hellhammer, Decomposed, Sempiternal Deathreign and more cults have been buried. Eternal Rot doesn’t reinvent the wheel, they play the most traditional and classic form of utterly slow and heavy, massively brutal death metal with ghastly, deep vocals, sorrowful, slow riffs and dark, mournful atmosphere… but it works so damn well here. I love the demo, I think that these two guys have done just brilliant job and captured the ancient feeling perfectly. I like these riffs, I like this mood of the music of Eternal Rot, finally I also love the mouldy, dirty, raw production of it… and wow, I am very impressed and happy that I managed to get this cassette. And later I will most likely get also the 7” vinyl version of it, which is planned to be released later in 2013. This demo is just excellent debut and I didn’t expect it to be so damn good… but it is, so I can only be happy about it. I cannot wait then to hear some more music from this project! Yeah, short review, but there are just two songs on this demo… enough for me for an appetiser, now give me your second course! Or maybe the second curse! Smell the decay!
Final rate: 90/100

No comments:

Post a Comment