Tuesday 16 January 2018

Crusm - Stench of Decompose

CRUSM - Stench of Decompose (self released demo 2017)
I got this CD from London, although all members of this band are Polish. They call themselves Crusm and here's their debut recording titled "Stench of Decompose". Well, I won't write an indepth and lengthy review of it, because there's not much to write about, to be honest. There are ten minutes of grindcore / crust on this disc, with five songs plus two covers (of Disrupt and Disfear). The whole music and the attitude is to keep everything simple, energetic, raw and aggressive. And have some fun, while playing it. I suppose that Crusm achieved that exactly, because this is what we get from this demo. Very short, right to the point slabs of filth, with almost primitive, ugly feel, bit of groove, brutality and sick, disgusting vocals. And it sounds pretty solid. Nevertheless, I cannot say that I like this music. It's just not my style, really, I've never been fan of grind core, maybe except very, very few exceptions, so I can't think of any reason why would I like Crusm. I'm not saying their music sucks or something, I'm not saying it's unlistenable... Maybe it's pretty cool, but just not my cup of piss. 
Verdict: 60/100 

No comments:

Post a Comment